Friday, June 4, 2010

Against All Odds by Chuck Norris


I have seen this book many times on the books shelf. I have read his other books that talk about inner strength and positive thinking. I held off on this one thinking it was more of the same. For some reason I was finally compelled to buy the book. I had to admit I was pleasantly surprised with "Against All Odds". Yes, most of us know of his martial art titles, schools, movies, TV shows and other accomplishments. In his other books he goes through briefly his up bring into a poor family. In this book he explains the situation he grew up in detail with his father being an alcoholic and the positive determination and spiritual upbringing his mother provided. He talks about many of the mistakes and failures he had but more importantly how he learned from those and turned those to his advantage. If you love martial arts, a book with a positive message and a strong Christian philosophy then this is a must read for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment