Friday, June 23, 2017

Foundations of Drawing by Al Gury



http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9780307987181?width=125&alt=no_cover_b4b.gifWhen looking for an art book I look for tips on how to improve my drawing and how to improve my practice time.  Keeping in mind I’m a novice at best.  I was surprised by the historical information this book provided, it tied in well with a class I had taken in college called the History of Art.  With this book, I could refresh a lot of interesting facts I had forgotten or was not aware of.  The book contains a wide variety of full color reproductions of art work throughout history.  The book does go into great detail on the technical aspect of drawing, a key area I was most interested in.  Explaining different drawing techniques and proving tips.  What was missing or should have had more of was the step by step illustrations to practice one’s own skills. Being a beginner, I was not able to complete but the first few chapters.  There is a lot of information that can be accessed from reading this book. The detailed description of the drawing tools is helpful for a beginner.  The technical method in the remaining part of the book is more towards the experienced artist.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment