Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Dream Centered Life by Luke Barnett



 
While I do agree with what the author has written and found the examples insightful, it ends there.  What the author writes is true and it has been proven many times before.  What I struggle with is the originality of the leading stories and the method provided.  I have read in the last 10 years literary dozens of books written by large/mega church pastors.  They all tell similar stories and when they break down how they did it, it plays out the same way almost every time.  What is normally missing is how the average person can apply this to their everyday lives, real life examples other than the pastors or useful techniques that we can all leverage.  As an insightful religious reference book, I can see this as being helpful.  But as a true self-help book, I can tell you and I have read most of them, there are other books with a much better approach that will aid the average person far better than this book.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment