Saturday, September 30, 2017

Carve a Simple Guide to Whittling by Melanie Abrantes



http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9780451498960?width=125&alt=no_cover_b4b.gifWhile I have done many things around woodworking, carving or whittle has always interested me but I have never found a book that explains it to the point where I felt comfortable trying it until now.  The author takes you through all the preliminary steps you need to prepare for your first project plus gives you alternatives you can use based on how comfortable you are working with certain knifes and tools.  The author also provides well documented projects easy enough for the begin but has enough options where you can easily grow into more difficult projects.  The pictures of the project in various stages and the finished results help to guide you through each project.  What I found very useful that other books neglect to include is a source page on where to get certain wood and tools.  She included in the source page several options depending on what your budget is for each project.  Very helpful resource for the beginner.  For the beginner that wants to start out on project that are manageable I would highly recommend this guide.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment